Sunday 4 August 2013

Introduction

In my class last year, we talked a lot about our passions. I encouraged each of you to follow what you're most interested in, and find a way to use your passion to make the world a better place. One of my biggest passions is learning about people from other countries and cultures, and I hope that this makes me a better person because it widens my perspective on the world and helps me relate to people. I also hope that by showing you how people live in other parts of the world, you'll better appreciate and express gratitude for what you have (and that I will, too!).

The decision to take a year off from work and give up my position at W.O. was a huge one. Not only was it hard to leave the school, but I had to say goodbye to my friends and family for an entire year. It was scary to think about being gone for so long, and that I would be in so many different places that I didn't know or where I couldn't speak the language. But what I've learned so far in life is that the things that seem the scariest usually turn out to be the best. So, I dove into my passion!

I hope that you'll enjoy following along with my journey. The current plan is: Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Madagascar, Reunion, Mauritius, Nepal, India, Malaysia (Borneo), Vietnam, Cambodia, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, and Peru! But it could certainly change, so I'll keep you posted. If you know anyone in any of these countries that I could stop in and say hi to, please let me know!

Cheers to new experiences at home and afar! ~ Ms. Tamblyn

No comments:

Post a Comment